Tuesday 25 February 2014

Send me a postcard

Sometimes, great teaching ideas come from learners. Some time ago, one of my students introduced me to the Postcrossing project. She was very excited about writing postcards and receiving them from all over the world. And, what's most important, all this fun was related to using English! 
I've decided to use this great project to encourage students to write. I think, it is an excellent opportunity for students to apply their knowledge outside the classroom environment. They are waiting impatiently for a new postcard and, when it arrives, they are very motivated to translate it as quickly as possible (pair work or group work with dictionaries). Postcrossing also gives students the possibility to experience a "living language" as opposed to the language of coursebooks.



No comments:

Post a Comment